Over Two Decades of Experience
If your legal dispute has risen to the level of civil litigation, arbitration, or mediation, attorney David B. Norris is ready to help. Mr. Norris has been practicing law in California since 1990. Our firm specializes in the representation of clients involved in litigation matters, including employment law, business litigation, commercial litigation, personal injury, general civil litigation, sexual harassment, wrongful death, insurance defense and insurance disputes, construction, contract litigation and transactions and civil problems. You would be hard pressed to find a situation we haven’t encountered before.
We are proud of our 25 years dedication in representing clients like you and your business. We ensure that each and every one of our clients receives the services that his or her unique set of facts demand. We are the law firm of choice for clients demanding the highest quality legal representation in California. We are low key and discreet—the way almost all the best lawyers used to be. We don’t want just to take care of your legal needs quickly; we want to take care of them correctly. We promise to try to get you the results you need and deserve. This can only be accomplished by having an experienced, dedicated legal professional on your side.
It is not uncommon for individuals or businesses to find themselves involved in a legal dispute with another party. Whether you are a plaintiff or defendant, hiring a qualified civil litigation attorney is crucial in achieving a successful outcome in your case. Mr. Norris works closely with clients to evaluate their potential claims or defenses related to commercial, professional, employment, and personal dispute that is the subject of litigation. He represents clients before administrative agencies, alternative dispute resolution proceedings such as mediation or arbitration, jury or court trials in state and federal court as well as proceedings before appellate courts. A skilled civil litigation attorney can help clients leverage their negotiating position to reach a beneficial settlement which may be the most appropriate and economical manner of handing certain cases.
The firm is additionally active in state and local bar associations acting to improve public perceptions of attorneys and the general practice of law in California. Prior to opening his office, David Norris was associated with the litigation law firm of Hillsinger and Costanzo, A.P.C. in San Diego, for five years.
We are a general civil litigation firm primarily representing the interests of individuals and businesses in litigation matters including contractual disputes, commercial litigation, insurance, construction litigation, premises liability, accident and injury litigation, sexual harassment, general tort and civil litigation. Mr. Norris has jury and bench trial experience as well as published case law in California and appeals court experience. Norris also represents the interests of insurance companies and their insureds. The firm is additionally active in state and local bar associations acting to improve public perceptions of attorneys and the general practice of law in California.
• University of San Diego School of Law, San Diego, California
• Juris Doctor Conferred May 1990
• Senior Editor – Journal of Contemporary Legal Issues
• University of Nebraska, Lincoln – Bachelor of Science
• Published Case Law in the State of California
- 2013, 2014 Voted “Top Lawyer” – San Diego Magazine
- 2000-Present AV Martindale-Hubbell, LexisNexis Rated Attorney: Highest Possible Rating in
- 2004 Outstanding Service to the San Diego County Bar Association Award
- 2002-2004 President, San Diego County Bar Foundation
- 2002 President, University of San Diego Law Alumni Board of Directors
- 1999-2002 Chairman of the Board of Directors, Saint Clare’s Home, Inc., Shelter for Battered
- 1998-2004 Board of Directors, San Diego County Bar Foundation
- 1998-1999 Board of Governors, State Bar of California
- 1997-1999 President, State Bar of California – California Young Lawyers Association
- 1995 to 1998 Chair, San Diego County Bar Association – General Civil Litigation Section
- 1994-1999 Board of Directors, California Young Lawyers Association
- 1998 Chair, Conference of Delegates Nominating Committee
- 1998 University of San Diego School of Law- Law Advisor Program
- 1998 Chair, State Bar of California Nominating Committee for District 9 Executive
- 1997-2000 Board of Directors, University of San Diego School of Law – Alumni Board of
- 1997-2000 Board of Directors, San Diego Lawyer Magazine
- 1996 President, Barristers Club of San Diego
- 1995-1996 Board of Directors, Barristers Club of San Diego
- 1996 Chair, San Diego County Bar Association – Membership Committee
- 1997 Board of Directors, San Diego Crime Victims Fund
- 1996 Chair, San Diego County Bar Association- Membership Committee
- 1995-1998 Chair, San Diego County Bar Association – Disaster Preparedness Committee
- Both Legal Ability and Ethical Standards
- Vice President, University of San Diego School of Law—Alumni Board of Directors, Women Committee representative Directors
- 1992-1994 Chair, San Diego County Bar Association- Young and New Lawyers Section
- 1990 to present • American Bar Association
- 1990 to present • San Diego County Bar Association
- 1990 to present • State Bar of California
- 1998 to present • San Diego Better Business Bureau